Expanding Bellies Mean Growing Concern
Technology, social media, and the abundance of available information make having a healthy pregnancy and preparing your body for the rigorous road ahead seem easier. However, a lingering concern for some women is whether they will develop gestational diabetes.Be the first to comment! Read more...
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, killing more than 370,000 people annually, according to the American Heart Association. Read more..
Every new year is a new beginning, a chance to make positive changes in our behavior, lifestyle, choices and health. Making significant changes, though, is a big undertaking. It’s best to start small, and we all need help. So in that spirit, we’ve assembled 17 quick tips that we hope will make the job a little easier. These tips are not meant to be all-inclusive, obviously, but think of them as a tasting menu on your trip to good health. Read more..
The urge to keep your New Year’s resolutions may have you rushing out to hit the pavement for a few miles. After all, you don’t want to lose your momentum. However, it’s important to put your health and long-term goals first and make avoiding injuries your top priority. Read more..
This is the time of year when many of us are trying to make good on our New Year’s weight-loss resolutions. We’re furiously dieting and steadfastly working out, trying to get our bodies down to that elusive “ideal weight” goal. Read more..
Local Health Updates
- VelocityCare at Tanglewood extends hours in response to uptick in cold and flu
- New Alzheimer’s Association Report Shows Growing Cost and Impact of Alzheimer’s Disease on Nation’s Families and Economy
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences Hosts “Senses and ScienceAbility: A Day of Immersion in Arts and Sciences Explorations” on March 25
- Carilion Wellness to Donate Fitness Equipment and Training to Rescue Mission
- DONATE MOBILITY EQUIPMENT FOUND DURING SPRING CLEANING
- Vistar Eye Center Acquires Rocky Mount Eye Care Practice