Get to Know Mohs (Surgery)
A treatment for skin cancer developed by Dr. Frederick Mohs in the 1930s has become widely accepted in recent years as having the highest cure rate for most types of skin cancer. It has been refined over the years into the most advanced, precise and effective treatment for skin cancer, according to the American College of Mohs Surgery.Be the first to comment! Read more...
As you travel along life’s journey, it can be fun to step back and take a look at how far you’ve come. That holds true in the journey toward better health as well. Working with your primary care doctor to make healthy lifestyle adjustments pays off in both the short and the long term. Read more..
Technology, social media, and the abundance of available information make having a healthy pregnancy and preparing your body for the rigorous road ahead seem easier. However, a lingering concern for some women is whether they will develop gestational diabetes. Read more..
Whether you are a man or a woman, an adult or a child, old or young, you have been touched by breast cancer. It may be your mother, aunt, sister or friend who has suffered, or perhaps you have been personally affected. Among the more than 3 million women in the U.S. who have breast cancer, many serve as inspirations to us all. Read more..
Improving your health requires lasting lifestyle changes that affect the way you eat, your activity level, your mindset and your interactions with your doctor. Read more..
OurHealth Roanoke and New River Valleys magazine series “How-to in Healthcare” is a step-by-step guide to pursuing a career in healthcare. Read more..
Local Health Updates
- Trisha Thacker Hired as BNC Bank Branch Manager
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences Hosts Doctor of Nursing Practice Information Sessions
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences Hosts Doctor of Health Sciences Information Sessions
- River Ridge Dermatology first in state using new body contouring technology
- Virginia Tech and CytImmune Sciences create cancer therapy that reduces chemo side effects
- Discovery could take the guesswork out of when meds will work best