Recognizing Healthcare Workers This Month And All Year Long
Caring for people is a never-ending commitment. Illness and accidents never take a day off, they don’t recognize national holidays or weekends, they occur around the clock, and they affect everyone at some time or another.Be the first to comment! Read more...
FACT: Home care services offer an alternative to assisted living or nursing home care and help seniors live independently at home. Read more..
LASIK is the most common and well-known type of refractive eye surgeries. If you wear glasses or contacts, you may have been tempted by it, but hesitant or even frightened of the procedure. Read more..
A brilliant child. A gifted athlete and talented musician. A life destined for great achievements. That’s how one might aptly have described Jared Johnson. But, at the age of 22, Jared suffered an injury that almost ended his life and rendered him nearly blind. Read more..
Maybe you don’t quite consider yourself a senior. After all, having a mailbox that delivers retirement publications, joint supplement offers and estate-planning advice is certainly not the only indicator of age. But perhaps — quite possibly — you are a baby boomer reaching senior status. This is great news! Read more..
There are many reasons why we tend to slow down and become more sedentary with age. It may be due to health problems, weight or pain issues, or worries about falling. Or perhaps you think that exercising simply isn’t for you. But as you grow older, an active lifestyle becomes more important than ever to your health. Read more..
Local Health Updates
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences Hosts Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration Information Sessions
- Warm Hearth Village to Host Third Annual Parrot Strut 5K Run and 1Mile Run/Walk
- Vistar Eye Center Announces Addition of New Ophthalmologist and Glaucoma Specialist
- Advanced-Level Family Nurse Practitioner Joins Local Surgical Clinic
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences Hosts Post-Licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) Online Information Sessions
- Newly Designated Nurse Practitioner to Begin Seeing Vascular Patients