You’ve heard the phrase you are what you eat? Well, not literally, of course. But there is some truth to that cliché. We should seek nutritionally dense foods (the ratio of nutrients to calories) to gain the most benefits from our diet — protein to help promote building muscle, fiber to help regulate the digestive system and carbohydrates to provide energy. There are also some foods said to increase our metabolism and burn unwanted fat. Read more..
If you’re one of the 50 million people in America who suffer from allergies, you probably greet spring with equal parts delight and dread, getting ready for an equal amount of sunbathing and sneezing. Read more..
Everyone wants to stay healthy and reduce injuries, whether at home or on the job. As a nation, we are shifting from a single-minded focus on treating injury and illness towards a system that puts prevention first. This shift towards prevention has been increasingly embraced by companies at the national and local levels. Read more..
Not many people work in a profession that requires them to dedicate their lives to helping others like the field of healthcare does. During national healthcare recognition, we have challenged people to sum up in a few words the impact their profession means to them and how important it is for their community. Read more..
Your office has stacks of paperwork that you’ve been meaning to organize and file. There are stories you want to share with your children, but haven’t yet. Your phone, computer and social media accounts are password protected. The storage shed across town has items that you want to go to specific family members and friends, but only you know which ones and where the storage unit is. Read more..
Local Health Updates
- Virginia Western recognized as a top digital community college
- Friendship Hosts Open House For New Adult Medical Day Care Facility
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences Hosts Doctor of Occupational Therapy Information Sessions
- Virginia Western to host student-led “Be the Match” donor drive
- Virginia Western offering short-term pharmacy technician training
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences Hosts Information Sessions for Physician Assistant Program This Spring and Summer