Back to School!
Back to school means meeting new teachers, new classmates, school supplies, clothes, choosing sports and so much more! This time of year can generate a lot of anxiety in parents and kids. While all of these things are important, perhaps the most important element is your child’s health. Parents have so many questions about their children’s health and the return to school. Will my child need shots? What’s the difference between a physical exam and a sports exam? How do I tell if he is too sick to go to school? Might she have a vision or hearing problem? There’s…Be the first to comment!
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, killing more than 370,000 people annually, according to the American Heart Association. Read more..
Every new year is a new beginning, a chance to make positive changes in our behavior, lifestyle, choices and health. Making significant changes, though, is a big undertaking. It’s best to start small, and we all need help. So in that spirit, we’ve assembled 17 quick tips that we hope will make the job a little easier. These tips are not meant to be all-inclusive, obviously, but think of them as a tasting menu on your trip to good health. Read more..
The urge to keep your New Year’s resolutions may have you rushing out to hit the pavement for a few miles. After all, you don’t want to lose your momentum. However, it’s important to put your health and long-term goals first and make avoiding injuries your top priority. Read more..
This is the time of year when many of us are trying to make good on our New Year’s weight-loss resolutions. We’re furiously dieting and steadfastly working out, trying to get our bodies down to that elusive “ideal weight” goal. Read more..
Local Health Updates
- Vistar Eye Center Acquires Rocky Mount Eye Care Practice
- LewisGale Regional Health System Announces New CEO at LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
- Warm Hearth Village Residents Enjoying New Bus Stop Thanks To Eagle Scout Candidate
- A Matter of Balance, an Award-Winning Program to Manage Falls and Increase Activity
- Sen. Kaine visits Carilion Clinic and Jefferson College of Health Sciences
- Carilion Pharmacies Combating the Opioid Epidemic with Proactive REVIVE! Program