Not a Normal Part of Aging
For lifelong Salem resident, the onset of symptoms was subtle and gradual until one day when she realized that she was waking up three to four times a night to use the bathroom. It was also affecting her during the day when she’d find herself visiting the restroom every two to three hours.Be the first to comment! Read more...
Even though summer is still in full swing, school will be back in session before we know it. Getting a head start on preparing kids for the new school year is always a smart idea, especially when it comes to their health. Read more..
OurHealth Roanoke and New River Valleys magazine presents the eighth annual Senior Living Awards, which recognizes senior health communities and services who are voted on by the local community for their exceptional service and care to seniors. Read more..
Getting on the road to good health is often easier than staying on it. Today, many people have — or are at risk of developing — common chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure or heart disease. Oftentimes, those health concerns prompt them to visit a primary care physician. Read more..
OurHealth’s four-part series: How to in Healthcare, is a step-by-step guide for those interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. Imagine a career that has the potential to save lives each and every day. From emergency medical technicians and anesthesiologists to physical therapists and trauma surgeons, those who work in the healthcare field come together to save lives or improve the quality of life for their patients. Read more..
This summer, LewisGale Regional Cancer Center Salem has completed its $15.5 million multiphase capital development project. After nearly a year of construction and renovation, the cancer center, which is part of the LewisGale Regional Health System, can now treat even more patients in our region with the most advanced technology and equipment available for the first time in Southwest Virginia. Read more..
Local Health Updates
- Replacing just one sugary drink with water could significantly improve health, Virginia Tech researcher finds
- Rescue Mission Invites Public to Pick Prized Turkey
- New molecular mechanism suggests that people with obesity or insulin resistance may more easily accumulate fat
- Culture Change in Dining Services Taking Place at Kroontje Health Care Center
- Task Force Calls for Community Action to Combat Addiction Epidemic
- Virginia Tech's Fralin Summer Undergraduate Research Fellow Aims to Help Moms with Autism