Senior Exercise and Fitness Tips: No Matter Your Age, It’s Never Too Late to Get Started
There are many reasons why we tend to slow down and become more sedentary with age. It may be due to health problems, weight or pain issues, or worries about falling. Or perhaps you think that exercising simply isn’t for you. But as you grow older, an active lifestyle becomes more important than ever to your health.Be the first to comment! Read more...
Physical therapists help people of all ages and abilities reduce pain, improve or restore mobility, and stay active and fit throughout life. But there are some common misconceptions that can often discourage those who need treatment from accessing physical therapists who specialize in the care people need. Read more..
FACT: Home care services offer an alternative to assisted living or nursing home care and help seniors live independently at home. Read more..
LASIK is the most common and well-known type of refractive eye surgeries. If you wear glasses or contacts, you may have been tempted by it, but hesitant or even frightened of the procedure. Read more..
A brilliant child. A gifted athlete and talented musician. A life destined for great achievements. That’s how one might aptly have described Jared Johnson. But, at the age of 22, Jared suffered an injury that almost ended his life and rendered him nearly blind. Read more..
Maybe you don’t quite consider yourself a senior. After all, having a mailbox that delivers retirement publications, joint supplement offers and estate-planning advice is certainly not the only indicator of age. But perhaps — quite possibly — you are a baby boomer reaching senior status. This is great news! Read more..
Local Health Updates
- LewisGale Medical Center Recognized for Efforts to Prevent Fractures and Educate Patients About Osteoporosis
- Highland Ridge Rehab Center Receives Top Rating
- LewisGale Hospital Pulaski Receives National Recognition for Performance Leadership in Quality
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences Hosts Information Session for Physician Assistant Program
- Eye Doctor Returns to Roanoke to Practice at State-of-the-Art Facility
- Team of Jefferson College Biomedical Sciences Students Led by Dr. Jayasimha Rao Published in an International Journal